Annie Catmull brings 20 years’ experience to the bankruptcy/insolvency section of Hoover Slovacek. She represents distressed companies, creditors, trustees, landlords, tenants, asset purchasers, and creditors’ committees. Her clients are in the energy, manufacturing, real estate, telecommunications, shipping, healthcare, and personal services sectors. Her practice is largely litigation related to business reorganizations, including the prosecution and defense of preference and fraudulent transfer lawsuits.
Selected Reported Cases
- In re Anloc, LLC, 487 B.R. 825, 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 257 (Bankr. S.D. Tex., 2013), affirmed Talone v. Anloc, L.L.C. (In re Anloc), 574 Fed. Appx. 401 (5th Cir. Tex. 2014)
- Schermerhorn v. Centurytel, Inc. (In re Skyport Global Communs., Inc.), 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 3218 (Bankr. S.D. Tex. Aug. 7, 2013), affirmed Schermerhorn v. Kubbernus (In re Skyport Global Commun., Inc.), 2016 U.S. App. LEXIS 4714 (5th Cir. Tex. Mar. 14, 2016)
- In re Windmill Run Assocs., 2016 Bankr. LEXIS 359 (Bankr. S.D. Tex. Feb. 4, 2016)
- In re Mud King Prods., 525 B.R. 43 (Bankr. S.D. Tex. 2015)
- Baker Hughes Oilfield Operations, Inc. v. Union Bank of Cal., N.A. (In re Cornerstone E&P Co., L.P.), 436 B.R. 865 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2010)
- Baker Hughes Oilfield Operations, Inc. v. Union Bank of Ca., N.A. (In re Cornerstone E&P Co., L.P.), 436 B.R. 830 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2010)
- Baker Hughes Oilfield Operations, Inc. v. Union Bank of Cal., NA (In re Cornerstone E&P Co., LP), 435 B.R. 390 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2010)
- In re Presto, 376 B.R. 554 (Bankr. S.D. Tex. 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- Moller/Foltz Inns of Court, Barrister
- Women’s Energy Network, Member
Presentations, Publications & Honors
- The Arthur L. Moller – David B. Foltz, Jr. American Inn of Court
- 2015-2016 Vice President
- 2014-2015 Secretary
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, 2004. No more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are named to the list.
Super Lawyers® is a registered trademark of Thompson Reuters
- As a contributing member of the 2004 State Bar of Texas Advanced Bankruptcy planning committee, authored and presented “The Honest Client” at the 2004 State Bar of Texas Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Seminar.
- Authored and presented “Dischargeability” at the 2003 State Bar of Texas Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Seminar.
- Authored “Involuntary Bankruptcies” presented at the 2002 Houston College of Law Bankruptcy Seminar.
- Co-authored “Strategic Motions in Bankruptcy” presented at the 2000 University of Texas Annual Bankruptcy Conference.