Courtney Palm is Senior Counsel in the Litigation section at Hoover Slovacek. Mrs. Palm focuses her practice in the area of commercial litigation, antitrust, employment, premises liability, and personal injury defense. Mrs. Palm has counseled local and national businesses and individuals facing litigation or business disputes. She has successfully prosecuted cases and defended her clients in courtrooms and arbitrations throughout Texas. Her litigation practice includes matters in real estate, restaurant, retail, tax, construction, corporate, insurance, and restoration industries.
Mrs. Palm has represented international clients, REIT, banks, national companies, local businesses, and individuals as both plaintiffs and defendants. She offers her clients a dedication to their cases and a work ethic that leads to success. Mrs. Palm’s experience in all aspects of the litigation process allow her to position the case for the best possible outcome for the clients.
Mrs. Palm was selected by her peers for the Texas Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars every year from 2009-2013, a designation given to lawyers under 40 who are viewed by their colleagues as preeminent in their respective practice areas. She was also named as a Super Lawyer in Texas Monthly magazine, every year from 2013-2016. Mrs. Palm was also selected as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers, since 2008 -2015, published by H Texas magazine.
- Successfully argued and defeated summary judgment on indemnity claims on behalf of numerous defense counsel in large construction arbitration case that would have added hundreds of thousands of dollars in indemnity costs to the defendants.
- Obtained a summary judgment for national retail client on claims of false imprisonment and assault.
- Obtained a directed verdict at trial on a $5M breach of guarantee.
- Obtained a permanent injunction for a well-known local restaurant regarding a non-compete and trademark infringement case.
- Obtained a dismissal for a general contractor on an electrocution case.
- Successfully prosecuted a fraud based breach of contract claim for a global disaster resolution company.
- Successfully defended subcontractors in several multi-party arbitrations.
- Obtained a permanent injunction for a local-area restoration company in an antitrust and noncompete case.
- Obtained summary judgment on premises liability claim for national retail store.
- Obtained several summary judgments on DTPA, breach of contract, and breach of warranty cases for national restoration company.
- President of Houston Young Lawyers Association (2010-2011)
- Outstanding Committee Chair for HYLA (2006)
- South Texas Law Review, Note and Comment Editor (2002-2003)
- Recipient of Clair E. Getty, Jr. Distinguished Service Award (2002)
- Recipient of Dean Kimberly Cauthorn Writing Award (2002)
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Foundation
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Pilgrim Lutheran Church, Board of Directors (2008-2012); School Board Director (2013-2015; Member since 1980.
- Phi Delta Phi