Patrick Drake has successfully resolved thousands of contested legal matters for clients since joining Hoover Slovacek. In court, he has secured over five hundred final judgments in favor of the firm’s clients and has resolved many matters through out of court settlements, with and without the use of mediation. He assists his clients in a wide variety of civil litigation matters involving residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes, construction, real estate transactions, contractual negotiations, collections, will contests, personal injury, family law and insurance defense.
His clients have prevailed in over fifteen jury trials.
A graduate of South Texas College of Law Houston, he served as the Assistant Managing Editor for the South Texas Law Review, Director of Board of Advocates and a member of Phi Delta Phi honors fraternity. Mr. Drake also authored “Victim-Offender Mediation in Texas” which was selected for publication in the 2006 South Texas Law Review-Summary Judgments in Texas.
In 2005, he competed as a varsity brief writer and oralist in the University of San Diego Criminal Procedure National Moot Court Competition – earning a top ten ranking. He also won the Addie Lucille Heaton Award for Distinguished Service to South Texas Law Review and the State Bar of Texas Law Student Division Professionalism Award. As Houston’s representative to the American Bar Association, Mr. Drake received the Bronze Key for increasing student membership more than any member in the 13th Circuit.
Prior to law school, Mr. Drake was a graphic designer and copywriter in New York City.
Currently, he is a member of the Houston Symphony Chorus and St. Paul’s United Methodist Church. Mr. Drake is an avid runner who has completed five marathons.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Selected to the Super Lawyers 2016 Texas Rising Stars. Super Lawyers® is a registered trademark of Thompson Reuters.
- Selected to the Super Lawyers®, 2014-2015, Super Lawyers® is a registered trademark of Thompson Reuters
- Houston Apartment Association’s 2014 Forty Under 40
- South Texas Law Review – Assistant Managing Editor, 2005 – 2006
- Board of Advocates – Director, 2005 – 2006
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2006 – Present
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Houston Symphony Chorus, 2008 – Present
- “Victim-Offender Mediation in Texas”, South Texas Law Review, 2006