Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law and Residential Real Estate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Throughout his 30-plus year career at Hoover Slovacek, Bob Alexander has represented community associations. He is Board Certified as a Specialist in both Residential Real Estate and Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is an AV Preeminent rated attorney by the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, which is the highest ranking available for both competency and ethics.
Mr. Alexander has been active in both CAI and CCUCA for many years, and he has presented numerous seminars over the years on a variety of topics for both organizations. He is a past President, Vice President and Board member of CAI.
Mr. Alexander has been highly involved in legislative issues regarding community associations and previously served on former State Senator Jon Lindsay’s Attorney Task Force on Property Owners Associations. For many years, Bob served on the Board of Directors of the Texas Legislative Action Committee of CAI, and later, on the Board of Directors of Texas Community Association Advocates of CAI as they worked to protect the rights of associations. He has been active in CAI and CCUCA for many years, presenting numerous seminars on a variety of topics to both organizations. While serving on the CAI Boards, he testified on behalf of associations on numerous occasions in both the House and the Senate.
Mr. Alexander is an Honors graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, and he received his law degree from the University of Houston School of Law.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Martindale-Hubbell rated AV® Preeminent™
- Committee Chair of the Year Award Winner, Community Associations Institute, 1993
- Hall of Fame, Community Associations Institute, 2000
- Presidential Star Award, Community Associations Institute, 2002
- Texas Foreclosure Law Amended, Texas Land Title Association News, Winter, 1988
- 1991 Association Case Law Update, FACETS, the Journal of the Greater Houston Chapter of the Community Associations Institute, Nov/Dec, 1991
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Private Law Practice, Houston, Texas – 1981 – Present
- State Bar of Texas,
- Member, Section on Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law – 1981 – Present
- Member, Property Owners Associations Committee
- Former Chair, Dist. Disability Committee of the Board of Disciplinary Appeals
- Houston Bar Association, Member, Real Property Section – 1981 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Texas Land Title Association, Member, Real Estate Transfer Institute Committee
- Attorney Task Force of Senate Intergovernmental Subcommittee on Property Owners Associations, Member
- Community Associations Institute
- Chapter President, Greater Houston Chapter of CAI, 1999
- Member, CAI Legal Committee
- Member, Texas Legislative Action Committee, 1995 – 2009
- Chair, Houston Legislative Action Committee, 1995 – 1997
- Member, Houston Governmental Affairs Committee
- Chair, GHCCAI Education Committee, 1993 – 1994
- Judge, Community of the Year Competition, 1992- 1994, and 1998
- Greater Houston Neighborhood Associations, Member
- Texas Community Association Advocates, Board of Directors Through 2011 Legislative Session
- Beachtown Commercial Foundation Corp.
- Houston Area Development Corporation
- Newland Communities
- Redi-Carpet Sales of Houston, Ltd.
- Approximately 300 commercial, master planned, single family residential, townhome and condominium associations in the Greater Houston area.