Angie Kell specializes in business litigation with significant experience representing commercial landlords and joined Hoover Slovacek LLP in August 2019. Ms. Kell’s practice has been focused on commercial business litigation including creditor’s rights in bankruptcy involved in hundreds of cases and numerous trials including serving as first chair. Her creditor background is immensely valuable when representing Chapter 11 Debtors as well.
Ms. Kell currently serves as the President of the Hon. Arthur L. Moller-David B. Foltz Bankruptcy American Inn of Court. Prior to becoming a lawyer and while in law school, she taught immersion Spanish at Presbyterian School and lived in Mexico. She is Fluent in Spanish.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Moller/Foltz Inns of Court, Barrister
- Maplewood South/North Community Improvement Association Board Member (2017-2018)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Received recognition for work on Borrowing Private Law in Latin America: Andres Bello’s Use of the Code Napoleon in Drafting the Chilean Civil Code, 61 La. L. Rev. 291 (2001), by Professor Mathew Mirow;
- Received recognition for work with Jan Woodward Fox, Minding the Message: Case Analysis and Poof Development, in the Medical Malpractice Case.
- Europoly: Do the Recipient Countries Need a Get Out of Jail Card? Currents: Int’l Trade L.J., 86 (Summer 2002)
- Presented at Seminar, United States Courthouse; January 30, 2009; Problems & Pitfalls in Representation of Chapter 13 Debtors, Inns of Court, Moller-Foltz, Jr.
- Presented at Seminar on May 6, 2010, Fraudulent Conveyances – Lessons learned on the Frontlines; Inns of Court Arthur L. Moller and David B. Foltz, Jr.; Houston Bar Association (HBA), Lunch
- Presented at Seminar, United States Courthouse; November 28, 2018; Bankruptcy Feud, Inns of Court, Moller-Foltz, Jr.
- NBIZ Magazine, Issues Affecting Tenants in Bankruptcy, Feb. 2017
- NBIZ Magazine, Effects of Commercial M &M Liens on Landlords, Apr. 2019, with Brian D. Womac.
- Cause No.16-60593; In re Emily Palasota; In the Western District of Texas, Waco Division; obtained a settlement for the Class 22 Unsecured Creditors alleging fraudulent transfer claims. [THIS CASE IS CLOSED- BUT THE ASSOCIATED CASES ARE STILL OPEN)
- Cause No. 2016-49287; Paul Fire & Marine Insurance Company v. David W. Thompson; In the 127th District Court of Harris County, Texas, Assisted in obtaining settlement for client for close to total amount owed.
- Cause No. 2014-0083; Sonic Momentum JVP, LP. d/b/a Jaguar of Southwest v. B’anca Huerta and Eduardo Huerta; In the 129th Judicial District Court of Harris County, Texas, assisted in obtaining an arbitration award and judgment for the Plaintiff.
- Cause No. 2014-35398; Bloomingkemper v. Kirk W. Evans, In the 113th District Court of Harris County, Texas; Assisted in obtaining settlement which cleared Plaintiff’s name and reputation.
- Cause No. 04-03830; In Re: IFS Financial Corporation; W. Steve Smith, Trustee v. Emilia Spohn, et al., assisted in obtaining settlement for one of the Defendants.