Colin L. Guy’s litigation experience includes will contests, claims for breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty; construction defects; commercial litigation; and representation of hospitals and healthcare providers in medical malpractice claims. Mr. Guy previously worked as an investigative reporter at newspapers in Austin, Midland and Beaumont. His feature articles have been distributed by the Associated Press and published in magazines. As a freelance writer in college, he interviewed prominent poker stars Annie Duke and Barry Greenstein, whose life lessons from the card table he still keeps close to his vest.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Disability and Elder Law Association of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- “Malvertising: Tort Law’s Role in Ridding the Web of Malicious Advertising”, published in the Winter 2011 edition of the South Texas Law Review.
- “’Who’s the Boss?’ Why a Hole in the Law Governing the Status of Independent Executors on Appeal Needs Filling” published by the Real Estate Probate and Trust Law (REPTL) Journal in May 2016.
- “Legal Crowdfunding: How an Online Presence Can Help Solve Real-World Problems”, published by the American Bar Association Technology Section in February 2016.
- “Reinforcing the ‘Safety Net’: How the Texas Supreme Court’s Kinsel v. Lindsey Bolsters Claims for Equitable Relief”, was published by the Real Estate Probate and Trust Law (REPTL) Journal in January 2018.