Since 1983, Greg Savage has been efficiently, intelligently and effectively providing clients with top-notch legal service and representation. Mr. Savage’s broad-based real estate and business practice encompasses a wide array of transactions, issue and disputes.
He has represented, inter alia, commercial developers, builders, lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants, brokers, managers, and manufacturers and owners of office buildings, retail projects, apartments, hotels, industrial projects, warehouses, cellular towers and developed and undeveloped land. He has drafted and reviewed a myriad of different contracts and documents, including purchase and sale agreements, leases, development agreements, construction contracts, cellular tower agreements, easements, restrictive covenants, employment contracts, management contracts, tenancy-in-common agreements, franchise and license agreements, corporate and other entity documents, independent contractor agreements, brokerage agreements, loan and security documents, stock sale agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements and partnership agreements.
Mr. Savage is known and respected in the legal and business communities as a shrewd and experienced legal mind, and as an innovative deal maker. He maintains an eye on the practical and business (in addition to the legal) aspects in addressing clients’ transactions, issues and problems.
Mr. Savage has served on the Hoover Slovacek executive committee and is the senior partner in the firm’s real estate section.
- “AV” Rated – Martindale-Hubbell Attorney
REPRESENTATIVE LEGAL WORK:
- Land acquisition, financing, development, construction, lot take-downs, commercial and residential restrictive covenants, and related work pertaining to a large master-planned community and a number of smaller subdivisions.
- Land acquisition, primary and mezzanine financing, construction, franchising and related work pertaining to major hotels in central business district, Galleria area, and energy corridor, and subsequent sale of said projects, and numerous smaller hotel projects.
- Acquisition of resort hotel and golf course, and negotiations and contract preparation for casino hotel development.
- Portfolio sale of numerous multi-family projects for large financial institution.
- Negotiation and drafting of numerous multi-floor commercial office building leases.
- Acquisition, financing, garage construction, and subsequent sale of large high rise office building in the medical center, as well as a number of smaller office and mixed-use projects.
- Acquisition, improvement, lease-up, financing and sale of large regional mall, and a number of other retail projects.
- Acquisition of multi-million dollar note secured by commercial property, and foreclosure upon, financing, development, subdivision, and sale of the commercial property.
- Acquisition of substantially all of the assets of several industrial subsidiaries of large manufacturing concern for large industrial manufacturing company.
- Construction and settlement negotiations for large non-profit community center.
- Construction of student housing projects at a number of state universities.
- Construction of high-end apartment and condominium and townhome projects.
- Acquisition of cellular towers, and negotiation of site agreements and leases for same with large cellular carriers.
- Apartment, retail, office and mixed-use developments and transactions, including sales, financing, equity infusions, utility matters, and creation of legal entities.
- Work-outs, negotiations and settlements of distressed commercial mortgage loans for lenders and borrowers.
- Construction, mezzanine and permanent financing for lenders and borrowers.
- Dispute negotiations, mediations, and settlements of complex disputes, disagreements and claims.
- Drafting of all types of sophisticated contracts, agreements and documents.
- Prosecuting and defending mechanic’s lien claims on all types of commercial, industrial and residential properties.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- American Bar Association, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Trotter Family (Post Oak) YMCA, Former Director (for 10 years)
- Memorial Drive United Methodist Church, Member and former Board of Stewards (member for 6 years)
- Jesus Terrones Education Fund, Inc., Officer and Director (since inception)
- Westside Tennis Club, Member
- Houston Realty Breakfast Club, Member
- The Center (Serving Persons with Mental Retardation), Board Member