Hal Wolff joined Hoover Slovacek in 1983 and is now a senior partner in the firm’s litigation and commercial practices. This stability and experience allow Mr. Wolff to directly counsel his clients with both confidence and attention to detail.
In his practice, Mr. Wolff represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business and commercial matters at every stage of the pre-litigation and litigation processes. He engages in negotiation before suit is filed and, if litigation is necessary, prepares and files pleadings, discovery, motions and responses, and attends hearings, depositions, mediations and trials.
Mr. Wolff has represented clients throughout the greater Houston, Harris County area, the State of Texas in District Courts, County Courts and Courts of Appeals, and the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Texas. Due to a heavy eviction practice, Mr. Wolff also represents clients in Justice of the Peace Courts in Harris and surrounding counties.
Mr. Wolff has served on the Texas Lutheran University Corporation Board and is a past President of the TLU Alumni Association. He also serves as a volunteer alumnus for the University of Houston Law Center to raise unrestricted money to benefit the faculty and students of the Law Center and to advance its educational mission.
Martindale-Hubbell rated AV® Preeminent™ – An AV® certification mark is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Speakers Bureau – Houston Bar Association
- Frequent volunteer speaker on various topics to schools, civic organizations, and other groups
- Volunteer judge for the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Volunteer mediator for the Harris County Dispute Resolution Center
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Texas. Member, Litigation, ADR, and Labor and Employment Sections
- Houston Bar Association, Member, Litigation, ADR, and Labor and Employment Sections