John D. Woods, Jr.’s practice is focused primarily on commercial litigation, commercial dispute resolution, catastrophic personal injury defense, employment, premises liability, and construction law. Mr. Woods’s practice includes the representation of businesses of all size, from national corporations to local small-businesses, partnerships, and individuals as both plaintiffs and defendants.
Mr. Woods has successfully prosecuted cases and defended his clients in courtrooms and throughout Texas. Mr. Woods has extensive experience in representing businesses in all facets of litigation, including jury trials, bench trials, mediations, and arbitrations. He has on numerous occasions obtained jury verdicts favorable to his clients.
- Obtained directed verdict at trial for aviation corporation client on $10M trade-secret appropriation and tortious interference with existing business relationship case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in $7M professional malpractice claim involving purchase of commercial property.
- Obtained jury verdict for engineering and surveying client in breach of contract case against large national corporation and was awarded full compensatory damages, attorney’s fees, and statutory damages, totaling nearly $1M.
- Obtained jury verdict on behalf of medical professional, successfully prosecuting breach of contract claim and receiving attorney’s fees while defeating claims of deceptive trade practices and negligent misrepresentation.
- Obtained permanent injunction for Retail Electric Provider against former employee forbidding former employee from soliciting client’s customers and trading on client’s confidential information.
- Obtained jury verdict for client in misappropriation of name or likeness matter.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Member, Red Buds—Trees for Houston
- Member, Urban Green—Hermann Park Conservancy
- Member, Next Generation—Holocaust Museum Houston