Nina Tran is a partner in the litigation and community association representation practices of Hoover Slovacek. Ms. Tran has extensive experience in the area of community association law, real estate and construction law and complex business and commercial litigation. She has represented numerous property owners associations, developers, builders, institutional lenders, businesses and individuals.
More specifically, she has been involved in practice areas involving judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, deed restriction enforcement, home equity foreclosures, golf course litigation, equitable liens, resulting trusts, constructive trusts, adverse possession, implied and prescriptive easements.
Ms. Tran has successfully first-chaired and second-chaired several jury trials and bench trials.
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict and judgment on behalf of a property owners association (HOA) seeking a declaration that golf course property, that was not expressly restricted in its use, was impressed with an implied restriction such that it could not be used for any other purpose, and the HOA was awarded all legal fees incurred;
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict against a professional engineer for damages related to a faulty bulkhead design and recovered compensatory damages for the client;
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict and judgment that granted relief for an equitable lien, resulting trust and constructive trust against real property;
- Successfully tried an eviction case against a commercial tenant that was operating a pain clinic;
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict in a case involving a breach of construction contract; and
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict and judgment on behalf of a developer.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member, Construction Law Section
- Texas Community Association Advocates (TCAA), Advisory Committee and Board of Directors