Paul Pilibosian has a diverse civil litigation practice successfully representing local, national and multi-national clients in state courts, federal courts and arbitration. He has both prosecuted and defended cases involving commercial and residential real estate disputes, condemnation actions, landlord and tenant and eviction suits, real estate broker disputes, enforcement of deed restrictions, perfecting, enforcing and defending mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens, insurance coverage and benefit disputes and bad faith claims, residential construction defects, business disputes, consumer transactions, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices-Consumer Protection Act violations, defamation, products liability and personal injury.
- Obtained settlement for commercial property owner after its insurance carrier denied coverage for building code upgrades necessary for reconstruction of apartment building destroyed by fire;
- Successfully prosecuted claims for several commercial office building owners against water remediation company for fraud and Deceptive Trade Practices arising out of water removal and drying services performed after Hurricane Ike;
- Won arbitration proceeding for local developer sued by national home builder that sought the return of hundreds of thousands of dollars in earnest money claiming that developer wrongfully developed residential subdivision in contravention of development agreement; and
- Obtained an award in an arbitration proceeding for former partner of a computer rental company forced out of the venture after starting and building the business for five years.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member