T. Michael Ballases is a trial attorney who uses a practical approach, rooted in common sense, to solve problems. His philosophy is simple: Determine what the client seeks and focus on attaining it by utilizing a big-picture methodology and avoiding meaningless clutter.
He concentrates his practice on litigation involving business and commercial disputes, real estate, banking, contracts, probate, and general civil matters. Mr. Ballases represents a diverse client base from corporations to individual entrepreneurs. He is experienced in Texas State and Federal courts as well as arbitration, and has litigated various claims including breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive trade practices, misrepresentation, negligence and civil theft.
- Selected to the Super Lawyers 2016 Texas Rising Stars. Super Lawyers® is a registered trademark of Thompson Reuters.
- Selected to the Super Lawyers 2015 Texas Rising Stars. Super Lawyers® is a registered trademark ofThompson Reuters.
- Prevailed at trial with unanimous jury verdict in favor of client in a deed restriction case and was awarded injunctive relief, attorneys’ fees, and statutory damages.
- Successfully prosecuted lender’s claims to recover full debt plus all attorneys’ fees and obtained summary judgment upon debtor’s counterclaims.
- Awarded summary judgment in a fraudulent real estate transaction case that allowed client to rescind the transaction in full and obtain recovery of attorneys’ fees.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of business owner and landlord against commercial tenant for damage to the leasehold.
- Prevailed at trial obtaining fraud verdict and sizeable award of damages.
- Won arbitration award on behalf of business owner against architect for defective design.
- Awarded summary judgment for developer in breach of a real estate contract dispute.
- Prevailed over plaintiff’s claims on summary judgment and obtained summary judgment on client’s counterclaim in shareholder dispute, which resulted in client’s reacquisition of stock.
- Awarded summary judgment evicting commercial tenant for non monetary breach of lease to enable landlord to make better use of property.
- Successfully prosecuted and negotiated numerous claims on behalf of multiple lenders against debtors resulting in full repayment of debt plus attorneys’ fees.
- Awarded summary judgment in fraud in a real estate transaction allowing client to have property placed back into client’s name free and clear.
- Obtained multiple temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member