“I realize court and that environment is Terry’s world but what I appreciate about Terry is he realizes that’s not my world and guides me through what court will be like and what to do because he gets that it is intimidating to me.”
– Phyllis Davis, BHC Property Management, LLC
Terry Sealey is a partner in the Hoover Slovacek litigation practice. A persuasive and successful trial lawyer, Mr. Sealey captures the respect of clients, jurors, peers and judges alike. Indeed, after successfully defending a Property Owner’s Association in a contentious two (2) week jury trial described below, one of the other named defendants, who is also a lawyer, praised the “outstanding job” Mr. Sealey did and called him “an excellent litigator” who “looked very comfortable with the jury” and whose cross examination of the opposing side “was a thing of beauty.”
Mr. Sealey utilizes his extensive trial experience, work ethic, attention to detail, and dedication to his clients in order to deliver a results oriented cost-effective legal representation strategy suited to the unique needs of each client. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Sealey represented computer and software companies on a wide variety of civil disputes ranging from breach of contract/collection issues to complex commercial litigation and employment matters. Since joining the firm, Mr. Sealey has successfully defended and prosecuted hundreds of cases involving real estate, construction, restrictive covenants, mechanics & materialman liens, breach of contract, premises liability, personal injury, forcible detainer (commercial and residential), failure to repair and remedy, toxic torts, Americans with Disabilities Act, discrimination/retaliation, fraud, embezzlement, non-compete agreements, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and a variety of other matters.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Texas State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Mr. Sealey has successfully tried and defended hundreds of lawsuits in a variety of forums including arbitration, bench trials and jury trials.
- Mr. Sealey has submitted and received favorable rulings on briefs to the Texas courts of appeals and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Mr. Sealey successfully defended a Property Owner Association in a deed restriction violation dispute. After a two (2) week jury trial, Mr. Sealey was able to secure a jury verdict in favor of the POA in addition to an award for the full amount of attorneys’ fees incurred by the POA in defense of the lawsuit through trial and appeal.
- Mr. Sealey successfully tried and received a unanimous jury verdict on behalf of his homeowner clients against the former property owner and septic inspection company related to the property’s improperly designed and failing septic system.
- Mr. Sealey successfully arbitrated a construction defect dispute on behalf of a homeowner client against their builder and former owner involving latent defects. In doing so, he secured a favorable arbitrator award for the full amount of his client’s out of pocket damages, attorneys’ fees and reimbursement of arbitration costs.
- Mr. Sealey successfully arbitrated a complex commercial breach of contract dispute and secured in a favorable monetary award of over $1,000,000.00 for a hardware and software developer client.
- Mr. Sealey successfully defended a hardware and software developer in an arbitration proceeding involving a $2,500,000.00 employment dispute.
- Mr. Sealey has successfully tried hundreds of eviction proceedings involving both bench trials and jury trials.